Friday, November 12, 2010

Listing Level Elevations with RevitPythonShell

I recently stumbled apon the Revit APP blog and spotted a simple code listing for getting all level elevations. This should be a no-brainer using the RevitPythonShell (RPS), so I fired up a shell and started typing. This is a session transcript in the shell:

>>>import clr

>>>clr.AddReference('RevitAPI')

>>>import Autodesk.Revit.DB

>>>collector = Autodesk.Revit.DB.FilteredElementCollector(__revit__.ActiveUIDocument.Document)

>>>elems = collector.WhereElementIsNotElementType().OfClass(Autodesk.Revit.DB.Level).ToElements()

>>>for lv in elems:
...    print '%s: %.2f' % (lv.Name, lv.Elevation)
...
Level 1: 0.00
Level 2: 9.84
>>>

I am getting a bit fed up of typing import clr and referencing RevitAPI whenever I use RPS so my next step will be to try and add that by default. I'll keep you posted about that.

4 comments:

  1. Do u know about any plugin which could parse 3d geometric information as parsed from Revit, and must be able to handle IFC data also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... ashish... no I don't. I'm also not quite sure what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where's the wonderful RevitPythonShell tool? can I give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiderinnet, try here: http://revitpythonshell.googlecode.com

    ReplyDelete